Thursday, August 20, 2009

Look Ma!


Frets! Truth be told, though, I'm not really very excited. I didn't do a very good job with them, though now I think the process is clearer and I will do much better next time. The fingerboard is now glued to the neck (which I learned should have been done prior to fret installation) it's only off of where it should be by an eighth of an inch :(. I'm hoping I can compensate in the bridge placement so the whole thing isn't off key. I also learned that smacking your left index finger with the fretting hammer doesn't help your guitar playing at all. I promise on the next one I'll put more effort into setting up a decent photo situation so the pictures are clearer and things are easier to see. And there definitely will be a next one, (and probably several more after that) I've already tapered the fingerboard for it and selected the cigar box I'm going to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment