Saturday, August 8, 2009

Post No. First



Started on a cigar box guitar. I went by the local craft shop and picked up a small, square, wooden box. It's all the rage right now to make all sorts of things out of cigar boxes, so they sell 'blank' ones at craft stores so Sally Housecoat doesn't have to go to a smelly smoke shop to get one. Anyway, picked one up and then started to contemplate what else I would I need. There's a really good exotic hard wood seller in my area, so I went down there to poke around and see what I could find. They had a piece of white oak in the two dollar bin, two and a half inches wide and an inch thick by five feet or so long. Perfect for a neck or two. I also picked up a piece of ebony for the finger board. That set me back seven bucks. I was thrilled goin' home with my fancy guitar wood for less than ten dollars. Anyway, This is what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment